SOUTH HUB PROGRAMS
The South Big Data Hub organizes regular series and programming to support data science learning and to bring together people in business, academia, and government who apply data science and analytics to solve problems.
Some of our major initiatives are:
- DataUp – The DataUp Program allows academic institutions to apply to bring Data Science training capabilities to their campuses, thus expanding data science to more academic campuses across the South.
- DataStart – The Southern Startup Internship Program in Data Science allows graduate students in good standing at accredited universities from the South region the opportunity to work with host data-related startup companies on data-intensive business challenges important to the company.
- Keeping Data Science Broad Series –The series consists of webinars, workshops, community input, and programs exploring the future of data science education and workforce at institutions of higher learning that are primarily teaching-focused.
- PEPI – The Program to Empower Partnerships with Industry allows early career professionals to visit industries in order to kick-start new collaborations and research.
- Virtual Roundtables – The South Big Data Hub Virtual Roundtable Series provides an open discussion forum on the most pressing and interesting issues in data science.
- V.I.T.A.L Data Series – Video, Image, Text, Audio, and Learning (V.I.T.A.L) data will be explored through use cases highlighting techniques across disciplines in each of these fundamental types of data.