Last week, The South Big Data Innovation Hub announced the recipients of the 2018 DataUp: Keeping Data Science Broad Series. The recipients represent Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs), and other minority-serving institutions (MSIs), community colleges, and primarily teaching-focused institutions.
Each of the recipients will receive a 2-day data science workshop on their respective campuses and travel funding for an in-person ‘train-the-trainers’ workshop in Atlanta, GA to prepare teams to teach regional data science workshops.
Join us in congratulating the 2018 DataUp: Keeping Data Science Broad Series recipients
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville from Kingsville
- TX Frederick Community College from Frederick
- MD Johnson C. Smith University from Charlotte
- NC Florida A&M University from Tallahassee
- FL Old Dominion University from Norfolk
- VA Spelman College from Atlanta
- GA The University of Virgin Islands from St. Thomas
- USVI University of Puerto Rico – Rio Piedras from San Juan
- PR For more program information see '2018 Program Announcement' and our 'Keeping Data Science Broad' public webinar series.