Business professionals, researchers, and students in the South Big Data Hub community should mark their calendars for the South Hub annual All Hands meeting on June 9, 2017 at Microsoft’s Chevy Chase Pavilion in Chevy Chase, MD. Click here to register for the event.
The meeting will include presentations on current Spoke projects, a fireside chat on collaborations in data science, as well as breakout sessions for future Spoke proposals. There are also two other exciting South Hub co-sponsored events in the DC area on Thursday, June 8: a half-day artificial intelligence workshop at Intel in Fairfax, VA; and an all-day training on Microsoft’s Azure system at Microsoft’s Chevy Chase Pavilion.
Below is a draft agenda for both days. Registration information for all events will be available soon on this website. We look forward to seeing you in June and continuing the important work of the South Hub!
- 8:30-1:30 PM | Artificial Intelligence Workshop
Co-hosted by South Hub & Intel | Free to SBDH Members
- 9:00-5:00 PM | Microsoft Azure Training | Free to SBDH Members
- 6:00-8:00 PM | No-Host Happy Hour | Chevy Chase, MD
- 8:00-8:30 AM | Welcome Reception
- 8:30-8:45 AM | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 8:45-9:15 AM | State of the Hub
- 9:15-9:45 AM | Presentation by the National Science Foundation
- 9:45-11:00 AM | South Hub Spoke & Planning Project Lighting Talks
- 11:00-11:30 AM | Break
- 11:30-11:40 AM | Announcement by Microsoft Research
- 11:40 AM-12:40 PM | Fireside Chat: Perspectives on Data Science and Collaborations
- 12:40-2:00 PM | Lunch
- 2:00-4:30 PM | Breakout Sessions
- 4:30PM-5:30 PM | Breakout Presentations & Next Steps
- 5:00-5:10 PM | Closing Remarks
- 5:15-6:30 PM | Reception