The South Hub is sponsoring several workshops this fall, and registration for these events is now open. Participants come from academic research institutions across the 16 states that comprise the South Big Data Innovation Hub and industrial partners across the country. Some workshops will have limits concerning attendees due to space, and there are also a limited number of travel awards available. View more about all of these workshops by visiting http://southbdhub.org/workshops.html.
- The “Data Infrastructure for Materials and Advanced Manufacturing Workshop” will be held at Georgia Tech, on August 25, 2016 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (EDT). Industry and academic researchers connect as we assess and deliberate on the current state of the data infrastructure supporting the accelerated insertion of new and advanced materials into commercial products….
- The “Applications of Analytics and Machine Learning in Energy Industry-Academia Workshop” will be held at Georgia Tech on September 6, 2016 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (EDT). Industry and academic researchers connect with each other in the domains of Energy: Power, Smart Grid, etc., as well as Big Data and Data Science…
- The “Data for Good Day with DataKind and Teradata Cares” workshop will be at the Georgia World Congress Center on September 10, 2016 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM (EDT). Get inspired and give back with DataKind, Teradata Cares, Data Science for Social Good Atlanta, and South Big Data Hub! Meet and learn about other members of Atlanta’s robust Data for Good community, then take action yourself during an afternoon Project Accelerator that helps nonprofits kick-start their data science journeys….
- The “High Impact Applications of Data Science in Precision Medicine, Health Analytics, and Health Disparities” workshop will be held at Georgia Tech on September 19 and 20, 2016, from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (EDT). Industry and academic researchers connect as we assess high impact applications of Data Science in Precision Medicine, Health Analytics, and Health Disparities. For this purpose, we have attempted to convene diverse stakeholders…
- The “South Big Data Hub DataStart Workshop & Reception” will be held at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC on September 27, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM (EDT). Celebrate with the students and organizations that participated in our first DataStart Initiative. Meet the DataStart interns, industry and faculty members and hear presentations on the cutting edge research projects our students and companies tackled this summer.
View more on all of these at http://southbdhub.org/workshops.html.